From: "Eddward DeVilla" <eddward@gmail.com>
To: "Daniel J. Sinder" <djsinder@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: logging transitional states
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:29:34 -0600	[thread overview]

I have also wished for other 'Done' type states.  Currently I mark
them all DONE and if there is something interesting about the
'Done-ness' of it I add that as a tag such as :SCRATCHED: :CANCELED:
or :REJECTED:.  I haven't found it to be much of a problem, but I've
wondered if it would be difficult to do sequential TODOs where the
last item could be a list of DONE states.

   WAIT PLANNING WORKING TESTING (DONE SCRATCHED)

For that matter, having different sequences could be useful.

   TODO (DONE NOPE)
   WAIT PLANNING WORKING TESTING (COMPLETE SCRATCHED)
   REPORTED ANSWERED

This would just complicate things, but it came from me trying to find
a Todo scheme that would be flexible enough to handle all the
different kind of Todo's I deal with in one set of agenda files.  I've
found it easier to have a minimal set of Todo types and tags to
describe unique circumstances.  Anything interesting about a Done
project is a tag.  Blocking factors are tags.  I've also considered
Todo types to be specially treated tags and recent changes to
searching make that illusion a little easier to maintain.

Edd