Hi Tom, Thank you for the comments. Tom Gillespie writes: > All of the issues that I'm aware of are related to what > happens if tangling fails part way through the process. That's not something I had considered. I wrote a new version of the patch (attached) which addresses the insecure behaviour and the possibility of failure. Please tell me what you think. I've also  + silenced the ~write-region~ messages, since I'm now writing to    temporary files.  + added the list of tangled files to the message to the user at the    end of the tangling process.  + replaced the use of ~when-let~. Regards, -- Sébastien Miquel