Hi, If I've understood your problem correctly, simply using ("" "fontspec" nil) in org-latex-packages-alist should fix your issue. Per the documentation, this third argument stops the package from being used when compiling preview fragments. Regards, Sébastien Gabriel S. X. Smith writes: > This is where my fix starts to come in. When org mode does the small > > export of the latex fragment it would include the contents of > org-latex-packages-alist in the LaTex headers. Some packages (namely > 'fontspec,' used for xelatex) would lead to a failure to create the > dvi file when the .tex file was compiled with the necessary > 'latex' command. > > To alleviate this problem I designed this wrapper function which > sets org-latex-packages-alist to nil just before executing the > org-latex-preview function. >