Thanks, Juan Manuel. I normally study using PDF books. Their typography is like "hardcoded", so a post-processing using Orgmode is needed, I think. El 12/11/2022 a las 16:10, Juan Manuel Macías escribió: > Ypo writes: > >> Hi >> >> I am copy-pasting e-books into org-mode to read and study them. >> >> Usually, words come hyphenated, like "ato- mized", that I wanted to >> transform into "atomized". >> >> I am trying with query replace, but I am starting to think that it is >> not the correct tool for this job. >> I tried "query-replace [a-z]-" but I don't know how to exclude the >> letter before the "-". >> >> What would you advise? > I think it will be more practical for you to use pandoc: > > With this command you can convert an epub format to org: > > pandoc my-epub.epub -o my.epub.org > > (https://pandoc.org) > > You can also install calibre and convert your epubs to plain text from > there. > > Best regards, > > Juan Manuel