On 9/17/07, Leo wrote: > Can someone help me understand the advantage of running Emacs in pda? > Emacs is an keyboard driven application and pda sucks at keyboard > input. How would these two things match? I don't think that most people would choose to run Emacs on a PDA (phone) if they had a desktop/laptop available. The scenario where Emacs on a phone seems attractive is when your only options are Emacs on your phone or writing on your hand. As someone who's used Emacs on a HTC Mogul though[1], I completely agree with your point. Generally PDAs/phones don't make very good Emacs devices, not so much because typing on their keyboards is slow, but because almost all physical phone keyboards (excluding external keyboards) lack Control and Meta keys. As you can imagine, Emacs without Control or Meta is not very useful or fun. Cheers, Scott Footnotes: [1] I used SSH, which had the added benefit that I didn't have to worry about syncing my org-mode files.