* Org-mode version 4.37
@ 2006-06-10 14:26 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-06-10 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am releasing version 4.37 or Org-mode at

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/

and through Emacs CVS.

The new clock feature will work under XEmacs only if no text is hidden
or if the port of noutline.el for XEmacs by Greg Chernev is used.  This
marks the beginning of the end of the support for the old outline-mode
which currently still works for almost everything in Org-mode.

Changes in Version 4.37:
------------------------
- Clock-feature for measuring time spent on specific items.

   Very much along the lines of David's proposal (thanks for the
   clearly worked-out request).

   C-c C-x C-i   does clock in, it starts an incomplete time range
                 in the current item.  If there is already a clock
                 running, it will be stopped first.  The timerange
                 is inserted right after the headline.  If that
                 line contains scheduling information, the 2nd line
                 after the headline is used.

   C-c C-x C-o   does clock-out.  It completes the time range by
                 inserting the second time step.  It also immediately
                 computes the time and inserts it after the range.

   C-c C-x C-x   Cancel the currently running clock.  This works by
                 removing the partial time range from the buffer again.

   C-c C-x C-d   Display total times for each subtree.  This goes
                 beyond Davids proposal and folds in Jason's request.
                 This command attaches an overlay to
                 each headline, listing the total amount of time in
                 the subtree started by this headline.  You can use
                 TAB to cycle the visibility of the tree and study it.
                 Next time you *change* anything in the buffer,
                 the highlights will go away.  They will also go away
                 when you press C-c C-c.

   C-c C-c       Remove all clock overlays (if there are any - otherwise
                 C-c C-c will do whatever it is supposed to do at
                 that location.

   Currently there is no way to print this information, but I
   guess I should implement one?  Any good proposals for the format?
   Just like the tree?

   In the agenda, you can press I, O, X to get the same functions
   as above.  The "l" key turns on logging mode and shows entries
   that either have been closed on that date, or that have CLOCK
   entries for that date.

- The direct export keybindings in the C-c C-x map are gone.  I
   kept having rouble to remember all of them. Instead
   there is a new command `org-export' on C-c C-e which displays a
   help screen and launches any of the export or publishing commands
   with one further keypress.  This is along the lines of Scott's
   proposal.  Not more keys, but some help on the way.

- Improved emphasizing allows configuration and stacking.
   This was already available in the test version I recently uploaded.
   This configuration of the can be done with two variables
   org-emphasis-regexp-components and org-emphasis-alist.  I would
   be interested in ideas about these settings.

- Some Bug fixes.

This is a heavy release - please test it if you can.

Enjoy.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-06-10 14:26 UTC | newest]