On Sat, 12 Nov 2016, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: [discussion of problems interpreting the variable `org-export-babel-evaluate' deleted] >> >> It is tempting to `make-obsolete-variable' this variable and change >> its name to something that more completely describes what does not >> happen when set to nil. > > It can be done for Org 9.1. > OK. I changed the name to `org-export-process-with-babel', which I hope suggests more profound actions than `org-export-babel-evaluate'. I think the attached patch does this properly, but this is my first use of `define-obsolete-function-alias', so it might be best to check what I have done. Chuck