On Fri, 11 Nov 2016, Frederick Giasson wrote: > Hi Chuck, > >> even with a minimal init file. >> >> If you ever set the value of `org-export-babel-evaluate' to nil this might >> produce the behavior you describe. > > Maybe, but as stated in the manual: "Setting the org-export-babel-evaluate > variable to nil will ensure that no code blocks are evaluated as part of the > export process." Argh! That paragraph needs to be revised. > > From here: http://orgmode.org/manual/Exporting-code-blocks.html > > The thing is that I indeed want to make sure that the code blocks are > evaluated, but to me evaluation of code block is different than what to > export from the Org file. It is often the case that I don't want export to > evaluate anything, but just to export what is in the Org file's markup (while > following what the header parameters say). > Setting `org-export-babel-evaluate' to nil will ensure that NONE of your header arguments are followed. Like the docstring says "Users who wish to avoid evaluating code on export should use the header argument ‘:eval never-export’." It is tempting to `make-obsolete-variable' this variable and change its name to something that more completely describes what does not happen when set to nil. Chuck