On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, William Denton wrote: > I'm working on a big Org file on a slow machine, so I set > org-export-babel-evaluate to nil so exporting to PDF just generates the file > from what's in the buffer, without doing any calculating. > Actually it does a lot LESS than that. The docstring notes that: "When set to nil no code will be evaluated as part of the export process and no header argumentss will be obeyed." and advises: "Users who wish to avoid evaluating code on export should use the header argument ˇ:eval never-export˘." which sounds like what you wanted. Chuck