* Fast way to jump to another specific heading?
@ 2009-08-13 13:29 Jan Böcker
From: Jan Böcker @ 2009-08-13 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

at the moment I use one org-mode file per project and use ido.el's fuzzy
search to quickly open the appropriate project file. However, this tends
to clutter up my buffer list when I forget to kill buffers after using
them.

I'd like to use only one file to store all my active projects and use
ido.el to quickly jump to another project node ("project nodes" being
defined as, say, all direct descendants of a particular top-level node).
Ideally, after jumping to the node, the outline would automatically be
narrowed down to the target node.

Are there similar facilities already present in org-mode that I missed?

If not, I'd like to propose a new feature: take the results of a custom
agenda view (as those allow us to define powerful searches), then feed the
results to ido-mode or the standard emacs autocompletion for the user to
select one to jump to.
Unfortunately, my elisp-fu (and knowledge of org-mode internals) is way
too insufficient to implement something like that myself.

Jan