* Warning about section named "Footnotes"
@ 2014-11-28 19:04 Arni Magnusson
From: Arni Magnusson @ 2014-11-28 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Org maintainers,

I was using Org to write a software manual with a structure along the
lines of:

* Equations

How to write equations in software FOO.

* Footnotes

How to write footnotes in software FOO.

* Images

How to insert images in software FOO.

When I exported the document (to LaTeX and HTML), I was puzzled to find
that one of the sections was not exported at all...

After investigating the problem for a while, I realized that if a section
is named "Footnotes" the default behavior of Org is to ignore it silently.

My solution was to set `org-footnote-section' to nil.

I think it would help Org users if:

1. Org export (to LaTeX, HTML, etc.) emits an error or a prominent warning
    when it ignores an entire section like this.

2. The manual would warn the user about this behavior with a prominent
    warning.

Thanks for maintaining Org-mode. I'm finding it quite convenient for a
variety of tasks.

Arni

* Re: Warning about section named "Footnotes"
@ 2014-11-29 18:48 Arni Magnusson
From: Arni Magnusson @ 2014-11-29 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The location of the second patch (in orgguide.texi) is line 348:

348c348,351

Arni