On 13 December 2023, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > This is a more difficult problem actually, because Bibtex allows more > than just curly braces - see https://www.bibtex.org/SpecialSymbols/ and > https://www.bibtex.org/Format/. > > I tried to ask for bibtex.el to handle the accurate parsing in > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57712, but it looks like > it is not of interest upstream. So, we may have to implement a Bibtex > entry parser according to the spec. Wow, I didn't see any of that when I was looking at this. I should have guessed there was more under the surface---there always is with LaTeX. Thanks for the history. "If this doesn't fit your needs for org mode, I suggest you develop a LaTeX parser that can process LaTeX code according to your needs." Ah well. Bill -- William Denton https://www.miskatonic.org/ Librarian, artist and licensed private investigator. Toronto, Canada CO₂: 421.99 ppm (Mauna Loa Observatory, 2023-12-12)