On 8 December 2023, Morgan Smith wrote: >> Have you considered adding a "flatten" option to imenu itself? >> That way, you could automatically get the functionality for free >> everywhere, not just in Org mode. > > I have considered that but gave up with minimal investigation because it > seemed harder then this solution. It's possible imenu did actually have > this functionality sometime before 1998 (see commit > fe2908be7b09f4c765ebdaf16fe07b0a77f78ba8). One of the things I love about Emacs is the longevity, which leads to someone musing about a feature that might have existed 25 (!) years ago. Bill -- William Denton https://www.miskatonic.org/ Librarian, artist and licensed private investigator. Toronto, Canada CO₂: 420.74 ppm (Mauna Loa Observatory, 2023-12-07)