* Seeing all the steps when I run an R code block
@ 2022-11-14  3:20 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2022-11-14  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've got a few problems with R source blocks that I can't figure out.  They
started late last month, I think.  I'm running Emacs and Org from the
development trees, refreshing and recompiling regularly.  ESS (the package for
working with R) is up to date too.

Here's one big problem.  I have a file, /home/wtd/books/reading/test-r.org, and
in it is this R block:

# -----

#+begin_src R :session R:testing :results value
1
#+end_src

# -----

If I execute that with C-c C-c, the R session buffer starts, but in the wrong
working directory.  This is in the R session buffer, reported by ESS:

# -----

> setwd('/home/wtd/books')

# -----

It's in the directory *above* where the Org file is!  It should be in
/home/wtd/books/reading/.

I copied the test file to /tmp/r/test/, and it's fine there.  The session's
working directory is /tmp/r/test/, not /tmp/r/.

Something strange is going on, but I can't see why.  Is there some way I can
see all the steps that are happening when I hit C-c C-c on that code block?  Or
maybe there's some other way to figure it out?  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Bill

--
William Denton