I'm also having problems like this with large files. I haven't been able to narrow it down but I'll try what you say about org-startup-folded. Do you also have a problem where sometimes TAB or SHIFT-TAB on a heading has no effect? Some Org files seem to get broken after editing them for a while, and some folding no longer works (that is, some headings stay closed, while others can be cycled), and the only way to fix it is to reload. I'll turn on debugging and see what that says. Bill On 17 May 2022, imymorror wang wrote: > - desktop environment > - GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin20.4.0, NS > appkit-2022.44 Version 11.3.1 (Build 20E241)) of 2022-01-08 > - Org mode version 9.5.1 > - bug description > - influence factor > - a large org file : 11053 lines。1092 headlines。 > - (setq org-startup-folded t) > - org-indent-mode : (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org-indent-mode) > - My Observation > - if setting org-startup-folded t , open the large org file, emacs > get stuck, the mouse can't move。 > - if keeping org-startup-folded defaul value(i.e "showeverything") , > enable org-indent-mode , open the large org file, get a warning: > #+begin_quote > Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Unregistered > buffer modifications detected. Resetting. > If this warning appears regularly, please report it to Org mode > mailing list (M-x org-submit-bug-report). > #+end_quote > - if keeping org-startup-folded defaul value and disable > org-indent-mode , open the large org file, everything works fine > -- William Denton https://www.miskatonic.org/ Librarian, artist and licensed private investigator. Toronto, Canada