From: William Denton <wtd@pobox.com>
To: No Wayman <iarchivedmywholelife@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Switching to new Git repositories
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:21:13 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

On 23 September 2021, No Wayman wrote:

> There is a bug in mk/targets.mk introduced by 61336f80dc.
> As others have pointed out, the new repository does not have tags.
> As a fallback, org.el's version is read in it's header.
> However, it looks like Kyle forgot to trim that string so we get ORGVERSION
> set to "9.5-dev" instead of "9.5".
> This causes `org-version' to return an incorrect version string.

This is an interesting bug---a tiny thing that never mattered until it turned
into problem when triggered by a minor part of the process of moving Git repos
from one place to another.  My sincere thanks to everyone who looked into it,
and found causes and fixes.

Such is Org development: on the one hand, years of intricate work to build a
powerful citation system, on the other, removing "-dev" from a string.

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/