* fontenc makes pdf non-searchable
@ 2015-03-21  4:47 Martin Leduc
From: Martin Leduc @ 2015-03-21  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi all,
  I'm using org-mode to write a paper and export it to a pdf. It compiles just fine.

However, when opening the experted pdf (with evince or okular) and searching for a word, the output from the search function is a list of words with apparently incorrect character encoding.

I get the same result when compiling directly the exported tex file. However, if I remove the line:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

the compiled pdf becomes correctly interpreted by the search function. According to the documentation of the org-article latex class, "There
is no facility to disable loading fontenc".

What should I do to make the pdf searchable with the org exporter ?

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: fontenc makes pdf non-searchable
@ 2015-03-23 22:50 Martin Leduc