* how can i get 3 section levels instead of just 2?
@ 2012-09-09 10:27 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2012-09-09 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

  i've puzzled over the manual and can't seem to find the switch to
give me 3 section levels rather than the 2 i'm getting now.  section
11.1 in the manual reads:

=== start

Headings and sections

The outline structure of the document as described in Document
Structure, forms the basis for defining sections of the exported
document. However, since the outline structure is also used for (for
example) lists of tasks, only the first three outline levels will be
used as headings. Deeper levels will become itemized lists. You can
change the location of this switch globally by setting the variable
org-export-headline-levels, or on a per-file basis with a line

=== end

  well, here's the entirety of my .org source file:

=== start
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+MACRO: BEAMERMODE presentation
#+MACRO: BEAMERTHEME Antibes

#+MACRO: BEAMERCOLORTHEME lily
#+MACRO: BEAMERSUBJECT RMRF
#+MACRO: BEAMERINSTITUTE Opersys, Inc.
#+TITLE: Linux Device Drivers
#+AUTHOR: Karim Yaghmour, Robert P. J. Day

* Course structure and presentation
** About the instructors
** Course goals
** Presentation format
** Pre-requisites
** Day-by-day outline
*** Day 1
stuff
*** Day 2
more stuff
*** Day 3
even more stuff
=== end

  yet when i generate the PDF, the "Day 1" and "Day 2" entries show up
as list items, not (level 3) subsubsections.  more confusingly, the
user manual above seems to suggest that three levels is the default in
the first place.  is there something else i need to add to, say, my
.emacs customization?

  i'm sure there's something trivially stupid i've done, but that
section in the manual seems pretty clear that that's the only change i
need to make, so if there's something else that has to be done, it
should be mentioned there as well.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca

* Re: how can i get 3 section levels instead of just 2?
@ 2012-09-09 11:40 ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2012-09-09 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Use :

(require 'org-export)
(require 'org-e-latex)
(require 'org-e-beamer)

M-x org-e-beamer-mode
(to edit your slides)

and

M-x org-e-beamer-export-to-pdf

to generate the pdf.

Should work with H:3, I'm using it.

Generally speaking, the new exporter seems more reliable than the regular
one
albeit there may be some discrepancies (sometimes, I need to kill my org
buffer and
visit the file again).

Fabrice

@ 2012-09-09 11:47   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-09-09 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

> Use :
>
> (require 'org-export)
> (require 'org-e-latex)
> (require 'org-e-beamer)

Actually, only (require 'org-e-beamer) is required as this will trigger
automatically the two steps above.

> M-x org-e-beamer-mode
> (to edit your slides)
>
> and
>
> M-x org-e-beamer-export-to-pdf
>
> to generate the pdf.

Once `org-e-beamer' is loaded, it should also be accessible with:

  M-x org-export-dispatch

with a very recent Org (and a fresh Emacs session).

> Generally speaking, the new exporter seems more reliable than the regular
> one
> albeit there may be some discrepancies (sometimes, I need to kill my org
> buffer and
> visit the file again).

Could you describe what happens exactly? Also, do you have an ECM for
that?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: how can i get 3 section levels instead of just 2?
@ 2012-09-09 12:12     ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2012-09-09 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)