* org-mode entering dates
@ 2011-10-22 11:00 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2011-10-22 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

As opposed to time stamps, I tried +0d and wanted to have org-mode
substitute today's date in a field and that didn't work.  For what I'm
doing I want to have one date per line/record and two separate times which
happen on that date.  What is the correct way to have org-mode place only
today's date in a field without the time?  I have no problem with the
weekday being part of that date either.

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net> If I got a nickel for every message I've
already sent supporting Microsoft Windows and its applications I'd have
enough to retire on comfortably no matter what the stock market did.

* org-mode entering dates
@ 2011-10-22 13:03 Jude DaShiell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2011-10-22 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I found control-c followed by (.) makes a date in agenda entry form, would
c-u+c-c+. do a date with brackets around it rather than inequality signs?
If so, that's what I need.

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
If I got a nickel for every message I've already sent supporting Microsoft
Windows and its applications I'd have enough to retire on comfortably no
matter what the stock market did.

* Re: org-mode entering dates
@ 2011-10-22 13:50 ` Chris Pettitt
From: Chris Pettitt @ 2011-10-22 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

C-! creates an inactive timestamp with angle brackets.

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel <at> shellworld.net> writes:

> I found control-c followed by (.) makes a date in agenda entry form, would
> c-u+c-c+. do a date with brackets around it rather than inequality signs?
> If so, that's what I need.

* Re: org-mode entering dates
@ 2011-10-22 14:02 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-10-22 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> writes:

> I found control-c followed by (.) makes a date in agenda entry form, would
> c-u+c-c+. do a date with brackets around it rather than inequality signs?
> If so, that's what I need.

Hi Jude,

C-c . does active timestamps and
C-c ! does inactive timestamps

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: org-mode entering dates
@ 2011-10-22 16:47 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-10-22 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:

> I found control-c followed by (.) makes a date in agenda entry form, would
> c-u+c-c+. do a date with brackets around it rather than inequality signs?
> If so, that's what I need.
>
> Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
> If I got a nickel for every message I've already sent supporting Microsoft
> Windows and its applications I'd have enough to retire on comfortably no
> matter what the stock market did.

If you mean like this

[2011-10-22 Sat]

then you need C-c !  which is bound to org-time-stamp-inactive.

Nick