* Intervals that include day of the week recently causing error in org-agenda
@ 2021-05-11  2:44 Justin Silverman
From: Justin Silverman @ 2021-05-11  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

First -- apologies if duplicate post (I tried to send email with M-X
org-submit-bug-report but I don't think it sent and
https://updates.orgmode.org/ gives 502 bad gateway so I am not sure I
can even check if it sent)

Until yesterday a time stamp of the following form was accepted and
didn't cause problems in org-agenda.

<2021-04-29 Thu 10:35-11:50>

However, as of a recent update (that I downloaded yesterday) I notice
that this causes an error

org-duration-to-minutes: Invalid duration format: #("10:35-11:50" 0 11
(fontified nil line-prefix #("  " 0 2 (face org-indent)) wrap-prefix
#("  " 0 2 (face org-indent)) org-category "cal-gmail"))
SPC ESC is undefined

What fixes this is if I remove the Weekday in the timestamp so it reads:

<2021-04-29 10:35-11:50>

I would say this is a bug with other libraries (that create timestamps
with days of the week, but I notice that base org-mode creates these
timestamps (e.g., with C-c C-d  2021-04-29 10:35-11:50 C-c C-c). In
other words, if this is the correct new default behavior / formatting
requirement for org-agenda then I would expect that the
deadline/scheduled/timestamp entering function (sorry not sure of the
correct name for things like C-c C-s and C-c C-d) would abide by this
convention.

That said, I would like the old way that was slightly less rigorous
(e.g., allowing days of the week) as some other libraries (e.g.,
org-gcal) use that format.

Thank you!
Justin

* Re: Intervals that include day of the week recently causing error in org-agenda
@ 2021-05-11 15:19 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2021-05-11 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Silverman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Justin Silverman <jsilve24@gmail.com> writes:
> Until yesterday a time stamp of the following form was accepted and
> didn't cause problems in org-agenda.
>
> <2021-04-29 Thu 10:35-11:50>
>
> However, as of a recent update (that I downloaded yesterday) I notice
> that this causes an error
>
> org-duration-to-minutes: Invalid duration format: #("10:35-11:50" 0 11
> (fontified nil line-prefix #("  " 0 2 (face org-indent)) wrap-prefix
> #("  " 0 2 (face org-indent)) org-category "cal-gmail"))
> SPC ESC is undefined

This was fixed earlier today. You may want to update Org.

Nicolas Goaziou