Hi, consider this test of quotation styles: "ASCII double", 'ASCII simple', "English" «French» „German" 「Japanese」 Now make each word bold (but not the quotation signs): "*ASCII double*", '*ASCII simple*', "*English*" «*French*» „*German*" 「*Japanese*」 At exportation, the syntax marks of the second line aren't translated. That's because only " and ' are listed at org-emphasis-regexp-components as „pre" and „post" components. So: can org-emphasis-regexp-components expanded to include all quotation marks and not just " and ' ? Maybe Emacs offers some character class for that and then we don't have to write a list of characters. I would like this because I recently presented a thesis written with org in which some org-syntax still was visible at some places :-)... It was at German and I had written sentences like: ... (z. B. die Aussagen „/Vegetarisch/ zu sein ist gut" und „Der /Vegetarismus/ ist gut"), ... Grüße, Daniel