emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* make slim auto-complete work in Org-mode (delete some ac-source in Org-mode).
@ 2014-07-30  3:16 stardiviner
  2014-07-30  3:22 ` Drew Adams
  2014-08-05 12:54 ` Sebastien Vauban
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: stardiviner @ 2014-07-30  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode, Emacs help

I setup default =ac-sources= for auto-complete like this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq-default ac-sources
              '(ac-source-yasnippet
                ac-source-abbrev
                ac-source-filename
                ac-source-files-in-current-dir
                ac-source-dictionary
                ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers
                ))
#+END_SRC

And I found =ac-source-dictionary= and =ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers= is
heavy for Org-mode, So I try to remove them only in Org-mode.

This is my try:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            ;; use `delq' in a loop.
            (mapc (lambda (x) (setq-local ac-sources (delq x ac-sources)))
                  '(ac-source-dictionary ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers))))
#+END_SRC

But this code will use =delq= to delete *global default* =ac-sources= too. But I only
want to delete in Org-mode.
So is there some other ways to do it?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* RE: make slim auto-complete work in Org-mode (delete some ac-source in Org-mode).
  2014-07-30  3:16 make slim auto-complete work in Org-mode (delete some ac-source in Org-mode) stardiviner
@ 2014-07-30  3:22 ` Drew Adams
  2014-08-05 12:54 ` Sebastien Vauban
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Drew Adams @ 2014-07-30  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stardiviner, Org-mode, Emacs help

> But this code will use =delq= to delete *global default* =ac-sources= too.
> But I only want to delete in Org-mode.
> So is there some other ways to do it?

`remq' is like `delq' but non-destructive - it modifies a copy.

(And `remove' is like `delete' but non-destructive.)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: make slim auto-complete work in Org-mode (delete some ac-source in Org-mode).
  2014-07-30  3:16 make slim auto-complete work in Org-mode (delete some ac-source in Org-mode) stardiviner
  2014-07-30  3:22 ` Drew Adams
@ 2014-08-05 12:54 ` Sebastien Vauban
  2014-08-07  8:52   ` numbchild
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-08-05 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

stardiviner wrote:
> I setup default =ac-sources= for auto-complete like this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (setq-default ac-sources
>               '(ac-source-yasnippet
>                 ac-source-abbrev
>                 ac-source-filename
>                 ac-source-files-in-current-dir
>                 ac-source-dictionary
>                 ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers
>                 ))
> #+END_SRC
>
> And I found =ac-source-dictionary= and =ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers= is
> heavy for Org-mode, So I try to remove them only in Org-mode.

Do you have some evidence of this?  Profiling with/without?  It'd be
interesting.

Other point: I'm surprised you don't have the source
`ac-source-words-in-buffer' (maybe instead of
`ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers')...

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: make slim auto-complete work in Org-mode (delete some ac-source in Org-mode).
  2014-08-05 12:54 ` Sebastien Vauban
@ 2014-08-07  8:52   ` numbchild
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: numbchild @ 2014-08-07  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: Org-mode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1403 bytes --]

I test those ac-source one by one manually.
And also I have extension org-ac. Then they are more heavy.
And I open many big org files usually. So I found they are heavy.

[stardiviner]           <Hack this world!>      GPG key ID: 47C32433
IRC(freeenode): stardiviner                     Twitter:  @numbchild
Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36  CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433
Blog: http://nagatopain-blog.logdown.com/


On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
wrote:

> stardiviner wrote:
> > I setup default =ac-sources= for auto-complete like this:
> >
> > #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> > (setq-default ac-sources
> >               '(ac-source-yasnippet
> >                 ac-source-abbrev
> >                 ac-source-filename
> >                 ac-source-files-in-current-dir
> >                 ac-source-dictionary
> >                 ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers
> >                 ))
> > #+END_SRC
> >
> > And I found =ac-source-dictionary= and
> =ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers= is
> > heavy for Org-mode, So I try to remove them only in Org-mode.
>
> Do you have some evidence of this?  Profiling with/without?  It'd be
> interesting.
>
> Other point: I'm surprised you don't have the source
> `ac-source-words-in-buffer' (maybe instead of
> `ac-source-words-in-same-mode-buffers')...
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb
>
> --
> Sebastien Vauban
>
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2271 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2014-08-07  8:53 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2014-07-30  3:16 make slim auto-complete work in Org-mode (delete some ac-source in Org-mode) stardiviner
2014-07-30  3:22 ` Drew Adams
2014-08-05 12:54 ` Sebastien Vauban
2014-08-07  8:52   ` numbchild

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).