emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
@ 2009-02-18  6:58 Spike Spiegel
  2009-02-18 13:36 ` Matthew Lundin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Spike Spiegel @ 2009-02-18  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

in my agenda blocks view a have a couple blocks based on tags-todo
matches and would very much like to exclude already scheduled items.
Unfortunately org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled does not seem to have
any effect on it and based on the documentation it seems indeed to
only apply to the global todo list. I thought I could add SCHEDULED as
part of the tags-todo match criteria, but I don't see how to check for
isNull or similar. Thoughts?

thanks

-- 
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
  2009-02-18  6:58 org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search Spike Spiegel
@ 2009-02-18 13:36 ` Matthew Lundin
  2009-02-19  1:11   ` Spike Spiegel
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-02-18 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Spike Spiegel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Spike,

Spike Spiegel <fsmlab@gmail.com> writes:

> in my agenda blocks view a have a couple blocks based on tags-todo
> matches and would very much like to exclude already scheduled items.
> Unfortunately org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled does not seem to have
> any effect on it and based on the documentation it seems indeed to
> only apply to the global todo list.

I set this variable to t in several tags-todo agenda blocks and it works
just fine. Could you provide an example of the custom command in which
it doesn't work?

Regards,
Matt

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
  2009-02-18 13:36 ` Matthew Lundin
@ 2009-02-19  1:11   ` Spike Spiegel
  2009-02-19  5:09     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Spike Spiegel @ 2009-02-19  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hey,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> Hi Spike,

> I set this variable to t in several tags-todo agenda blocks and it works
> just fine. Could you provide an example of the custom command in which
> it doesn't work?

Doh, I did mean to provide it in my first email but I forgot to attach
the file with the snippet. Here it goes:

              ((agenda ""
                     ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/"))
                      (org-agenda-start-on-weekday 1)))
               (todo "STARTED|HOLD"
                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects status")))
               (tags-todo "+CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects TODOs")))
               (tags-todo "-CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Work TODOs"))))
              ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/work.org"))
               (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
               (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files nil)))

as far as I understood the documentation options specified like that
should apply to all blocks for this view, and indeed if I throw a
global todo list in there it gets picked up same way that agenda
already picks it up. But for example "Projects TODOs" right know lists
stuff that was scheduled for yesterday and got DONE.

thanks for your help


-- 
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
  2009-02-19  1:11   ` Spike Spiegel
@ 2009-02-19  5:09     ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-19  5:18       ` Carsten Dominik
                         ` (2 more replies)
  0 siblings, 3 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-19  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Spike Spiegel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Spike, Matthew,

maybe you overlooked my answer to this thread?

Check out the variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options
and bind it t t as well.

- Carsten

On Feb 19, 2009, at 2:11 AM, Spike Spiegel wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>  
> wrote:
>> Hi Spike,
>
>> I set this variable to t in several tags-todo agenda blocks and it  
>> works
>> just fine. Could you provide an example of the custom command in  
>> which
>> it doesn't work?
>
> Doh, I did mean to provide it in my first email but I forgot to attach
> the file with the snippet. Here it goes:
>
>              ((agenda ""
>                     ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/"))
>                      (org-agenda-start-on-weekday 1)))
>               (todo "STARTED|HOLD"
>                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects  
> status")))
>               (tags-todo "+CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
>                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects TODOs")))
>               (tags-todo "-CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
>                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Work TODOs"))))
>              ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/work.org"))
>               (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>               (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files nil)))
>
> as far as I understood the documentation options specified like that
> should apply to all blocks for this view, and indeed if I throw a
> global todo list in there it gets picked up same way that agenda
> already picks it up. But for example "Projects TODOs" right know lists
> stuff that was scheduled for yesterday and got DONE.
>
> thanks for your help
>
>
> -- 
> "Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
  2009-02-19  5:09     ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-02-19  5:18       ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-19  9:08       ` Spike Spiegel
  2009-02-19 11:58       ` Matthew Lundin
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-19  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


On Feb 19, 2009, at 6:09 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi Spike, Matthew,
>
> maybe you overlooked my answer to this thread?

Hmm I just see that I never sent it :-)

>
>
> Check out the variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options
> and bind it t t as well.
>
> - Carsten
>
>
> On Feb 19, 2009, at 2:11 AM, Spike Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>  
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Spike,
>>
>>> I set this variable to t in several tags-todo agenda blocks and it  
>>> works
>>> just fine. Could you provide an example of the custom command in  
>>> which
>>> it doesn't work?
>>
>> Doh, I did mean to provide it in my first email but I forgot to  
>> attach
>> the file with the snippet. Here it goes:
>>
>>             ((agenda ""
>>                    ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/"))
>>                     (org-agenda-start-on-weekday 1)))
>>              (todo "STARTED|HOLD"
>>                    ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects  
>> status")))
>>              (tags-todo "+CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
>>                    ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects TODOs")))
>>              (tags-todo "-CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
>>                    ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Work TODOs"))))
>>             ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/work.org"))
>>              (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>>              (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files nil)))
>>
>> as far as I understood the documentation options specified like that
>> should apply to all blocks for this view, and indeed if I throw a
>> global todo list in there it gets picked up same way that agenda
>> already picks it up. But for example "Projects TODOs" right know  
>> lists
>> stuff that was scheduled for yesterday and got DONE.
>>
>> thanks for your help
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> "Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
>> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
>> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
  2009-02-19  5:09     ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-19  5:18       ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-02-19  9:08       ` Spike Spiegel
  2009-02-19 11:58       ` Matthew Lundin
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Spike Spiegel @ 2009-02-19  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Hi Spike, Matthew,
>
> maybe you overlooked my answer to this thread?

urm, what answer sorry? This is the first email of yours I see in this
thread. Has there been a similar thread recently I didnt notice?

> Check out the variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options
> and bind it t t as well.

Brilliant, that did the job, thank you very much

-- 
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
  2009-02-19  5:09     ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-19  5:18       ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-19  9:08       ` Spike Spiegel
@ 2009-02-19 11:58       ` Matthew Lundin
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-02-19 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten, Spike,

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Check out the variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options
> and bind it t t as well.

Thanks for letting us know about this variable.

My apologies, Spike, for giving you an incorrect answer the first time.
Upon further examination, without the variable above, the ignore
settings only worked with "todo" blocks (not "tags-todo" lists). 

Best,
Matt

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-02-19 11:58 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-02-18  6:58 org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search Spike Spiegel
2009-02-18 13:36 ` Matthew Lundin
2009-02-19  1:11   ` Spike Spiegel
2009-02-19  5:09     ` Carsten Dominik
2009-02-19  5:18       ` Carsten Dominik
2009-02-19  9:08       ` Spike Spiegel
2009-02-19 11:58       ` Matthew Lundin

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).