* org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
@ 2009-02-18  6:58 Spike Spiegel
From: Spike Spiegel @ 2009-02-18  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

in my agenda blocks view a have a couple blocks based on tags-todo
matches and would very much like to exclude already scheduled items.
Unfortunately org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled does not seem to have
any effect on it and based on the documentation it seems indeed to
only apply to the global todo list. I thought I could add SCHEDULED as
part of the tags-todo match criteria, but I don't see how to check for
isNull or similar. Thoughts?

thanks

--
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
@ 2009-02-18 13:36 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-02-18 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Spike Spiegel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Spike,

Spike Spiegel <fsmlab@gmail.com> writes:

> in my agenda blocks view a have a couple blocks based on tags-todo
> matches and would very much like to exclude already scheduled items.
> Unfortunately org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled does not seem to have
> any effect on it and based on the documentation it seems indeed to
> only apply to the global todo list.

I set this variable to t in several tags-todo agenda blocks and it works
just fine. Could you provide an example of the custom command in which
it doesn't work?

Regards,
Matt

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
@ 2009-02-19  1:11   ` Spike Spiegel
From: Spike Spiegel @ 2009-02-19  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hey,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> Hi Spike,

> I set this variable to t in several tags-todo agenda blocks and it works
> just fine. Could you provide an example of the custom command in which
> it doesn't work?

Doh, I did mean to provide it in my first email but I forgot to attach
the file with the snippet. Here it goes:

              ((agenda ""
                     ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/"))
                      (org-agenda-start-on-weekday 1)))
               (todo "STARTED|HOLD"
                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects status")))
               (tags-todo "+CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects TODOs")))
               (tags-todo "-CATEGORY=\"WrkPrj\"+TODO=\"TODO\""
                     ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Work TODOs"))))
              ((org-agenda-files '("~/Documents/orgmode/work.org"))
               (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
               (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files nil)))

as far as I understood the documentation options specified like that
should apply to all blocks for this view, and indeed if I throw a
global todo list in there it gets picked up same way that agenda
already picks it up. But for example "Projects TODOs" right know lists
stuff that was scheduled for yesterday and got DONE.

thanks for your help

--
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.

* Re: org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and tags search
@ 2009-02-19  5:09     ` Carsten Dominik
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-19  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Spike Spiegel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Spike, Matthew,

maybe you overlooked my answer to this thread?

Check out the variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options
and bind it t t as well.

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-19  5:18       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-19  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 19, 2009, at 6:09 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi Spike, Matthew,
>
> maybe you overlooked my answer to this thread?

Hmm I just see that I never sent it :-)

@ 2009-02-19  9:08       ` Spike Spiegel
From: Spike Spiegel @ 2009-02-19  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Hi Spike, Matthew,
>
> maybe you overlooked my answer to this thread?

urm, what answer sorry? This is the first email of yours I see in this
thread. Has there been a similar thread recently I didnt notice?

> Check out the variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options
> and bind it t t as well.

Brilliant, that did the job, thank you very much

--

@ 2009-02-19 11:58       ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-02-19 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten, Spike,

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Check out the variable org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options
> and bind it t t as well.

Thanks for letting us know about this variable.

My apologies, Spike, for giving you an incorrect answer the first time.
Upon further examination, without the variable above, the ignore
settings only worked with "todo" blocks (not "tags-todo" lists).

Best,
Matt