Hi, I'm a new emacs user, running emacs 22.3_0 , org 6.21b and remember 2.0 on osx, emacs installed from macports and everything else from upstream. I'm following this tutorial http://www.newartisans.com/blog/2007/08/using-org-mode-as-a-day-planner.html and my todo.org example is attached along with my .emacs (only the orgmode relevant part). After marking one of the tasks as DONE I wanted to test the archiving feature. Setting ARCHIVE tag works just fine but if I try to save to an archive fail (C-c C-x C-a) emacs immediately freezes and top shows it's taking up all the CPU: 43537 emacs 96.7% 5:12.23 1 15 63 9040K 364K 12M 26M it won't ever come down and I have to kill it. The directory Documents/orgmode/archive exists and is empty. any idea what the problem could be? If anybody can provide some directions I could do more debugging. -- "Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.