Hey Kaushal, Thanks a ton for these ideas. Yeah, the 'Art Gallery' page itself will be just the JS based project I will deploy, but I'll keep that in mind to just maybe roll with custom template static generated sites for the other sections since I think the only way to get close to that look and feel is to run with one of the ideas you mentioned. Thanks again :) Sam On Fri, Jan 21, 2022, at 10:11 AM, Kaushal Modi wrote: > Hi Samuel, > > On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 12:06 PM Samuel Banya wrote: > > > > I am planning to use Emacs to create Org Mode files for the few main sections of my site that aren't the Art Gallery page itself. > > > > I'm trying to figure out how to get a modern Wordpress looking Org generated HTML page that rivals pages like this: > > > > https://karlkopinski.com/ > > https://wyliebeckert.com/ > > http://www.brucepennington.co.uk/ > > https://turnislefthome.com/ > > https://davidmattingly.com/sketches/ > > https://www.mathewborrett.com/ > > https://www.stephenfabian.com/gallery > > Here's my personal opinion: Org mode is great at concisely formatting > content, so I format my blog content in Org. But then I leave it up to > static site generator giants like Hugo to make the site look good. The > kind of look you want on your website could be achieved by one of the > themes: https://themes.gohugo.io/ > Static site generators have tons of other benefits like putting the > right meta data, easily creating RSS, ATOM feeds, integrating > pre-generated search index, post-processing images, etc. before > uploading to the server, minifying CSS, JS, HTML, etc. > > [ I am giving examples of using Hugo because that's what I use. You > can pick any static site generator and a compatible theme. ] > > > Would be curious to know everyone's thoughts on this if there's a cool way to do this via Org Mode :) > > I would focus on: > > 1. Content writing in Org mode > 2. Rendering/prettifying the website using CSS, templating, etc in a > static site generator. > > Of course you can do everything in Org mode and many people do it, but > then you need to design CSS, JS, etc yourself. > ( I am not a web designer, so I took the static site generator > approach and started learning more about CSS and templating from > available themes. ) > > > > Kaushal >