Dear all, I am a happy user of emacs org-mode (I few weeks of experience with both of them). In fact, this is my first post to this mailing-list. I have to deal with many documents and I have looked for a way to have access to the information in a faster manner. In that sense, I thought it would be useful to have a converter from .doc to .org. The most similar thing I found was "antiword", but it is not "fit for purpose". Yesterday I decided to try to make my own tool. It was easier that what I thought. I have made a little piece of code using python so it should be multiplatform. It converts from .odt (OpenOffice) into .org. (You can convert from .doc to .odt using pen Office without losing the information that is needed). It seems to work: exporting files (.xls, .doc, .pdf and .ppt -it can be added more quite easily), creating links, creating tables. If it doesn't, just let me know. It shouldn't be hard to make it work. Please don't blame since I am not a developer (I did what I could). I have not tested it much (I did it on windows, not in linux). The link for the software: http://mantiel.wikidot.com/os:odt2org Hope you find it as useful as I do, Cheers, José María PS: I will improve it, but after holidays (the reason why I rush it)