Hello! ** Jacopo De Simoi via General discussions about Org-mode. [2021-07-06 01:09:30 -0400]: > Hi Greg, > thanks for your comments! > On Tuesday, July 6, 2021 12:43:54 AM EDT Greg Minshall wrote: >> hi, Jacopo, >> >> i'm not convinced this is needed over and above your old "solution" of >> using <> witn N-different source blocks, each :tangle'ing to a >> different file. > To be honest I never quite managed to get it work... =) > My point here is to be able to have one org file tangle'ing to several, > slightly different outputs. Ideally I want to use one readable literate config > for all my machines; the config can then be published (or exported) to html I do the same with 'noweb' feature. > Say I want to create an org file to tangle .tmux.conf (or .zshrc) for different > machines; then most of the conf file would be the same (and each such block > would be tangled to all files) whereas some specifics could be tangled to > corresponding files only (e.g. ALIASes or EDITORs) How this could be solved by your approach by tangling to several files? They will be identical! > Even if a solution using noweb could work, I find being able to tangle to a > list of files more readable and elegant. Could you explain this a bit more? How you will see that (assuming you have exported Org to HTML) this goes into different files? Again, if you tangle to several files they content will be the same! Then why you need different files? > Especially when exporting the org in an external format, > I think the noweb solution would look like a hack, IMHO, yes, this is a hack and the "standard" way. I would suggest to read again Org manual concerning "Literate programming". > whereas a solution with tangle-to-list would be much easier to parse. How that? You will tangle source block to several files, they content will be identical! Or you suggesting to add some syntax for source block indicating to which file to tangle that code snippet? I would recommend you to describe your needs and how you do things right now. [...] > Best, > Jacopo --- WBR, Vladimir Lomov -- When a camel flies, no one laughs if it doesn't get very far!