From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
To: "Jakob Schöttl" <jschoett@gmail.com>
Cc: Tom Gillespie <tgbugs@gmail.com>,
	emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>,
	David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: A formal grammar for Org
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 23:32:20 +0300	[thread overview]

* Jakob Schöttl <jschoett@gmail.com> [2021-06-02 11:23]:
> I haven't tried BeOrg myself, but it's proprietary and we have an open
> source, platform-independent alternative with Organice. See also
> https://github.com/200ok-ch/organice#beorg

As "Org" started first, it would be better that author ask the company
to stop using the trademark. Trademark need not be registered, but
when registered even better.

By asking the author to either stop using "Org" as it is trademark in
commerce (software is commerce) maybe they could get incentive to make
it free software too.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/