* Disabling paredit in export buffers?
@ 2021-05-14 13:37 Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2021-05-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm enabling paredit globally for all prog-modes, and it breaks HTML
export. I'm trying to find a way to disable paredit in all Org export
temporary buffers. Any suggestions?

* Re: Disabling paredit in export buffers?
@ 2021-05-15  9:04 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-15  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Adams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Russell,

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> I'm enabling paredit globally for all prog-modes, and it breaks HTML
> export.

I'm not sure to understand how it breaks the HTML export, can you
share a reproducible recipe?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Disabling paredit in export buffers?
@ 2021-05-15 14:27   ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2021-05-15 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 11:04:56AM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> > I'm enabling paredit globally for all prog-modes, and it breaks HTML
> > export.
>
> I'm not sure to understand how it breaks the HTML export, can you
> share a reproducible recipe?

It appears that because I set paredit to be enabled by prod-mode-hook,
HTML buffers have paredit enabled.

If I then try to do an export to HTML, it aborts immediately with a
message "Unmatched parenthesis". That's paredit interfering with Org
inserting text in the temporary buffer.

If I remove paredit from my prog-mode-hook, Org export works fine.

I was trying to find a way to set a hook to disable paredit during Org
export in the temporary buffers. I'd like to keep paredit enabled
during my HTML editing though. I just didn't see a export create
buffer hook.

* Re: Disabling paredit in export buffers?
@ 2021-05-15 14:47     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2021-05-15 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 11:04:56AM +0200, Bastien wrote:
>> > I'm enabling paredit globally for all prog-modes, and it breaks HTML
>> > export.
>>
>> I'm not sure to understand how it breaks the HTML export, can you
>> share a reproducible recipe?
>
> It appears that because I set paredit to be enabled by prod-mode-hook,
> HTML buffers have paredit enabled.
>
> If I then try to do an export to HTML, it aborts immediately with a
> message "Unmatched parenthesis". That's paredit interfering with Org
> inserting text in the temporary buffer.

Could you show the backtrace? I fail to see when prog-mode-hook is
called.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Disabling paredit in export buffers?
@ 2021-05-15 15:40       ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2021-05-15 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 04:47:02PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> >> I'm not sure to understand how it breaks the HTML export, can you
> >> share a reproducible recipe?
> >
> > It appears that because I set paredit to be enabled by prod-mode-hook,
> > HTML buffers have paredit enabled.
> >
> > If I then try to do an export to HTML, it aborts immediately with a
> > message "Unmatched parenthesis". That's paredit interfering with Org
> > inserting text in the temporary buffer.
>
> Could you show the backtrace? I fail to see when prog-mode-hook is
> called.

I wish. I tried turning on debug-on-error, and couldn't get any
results. When I cleared prod-mode-hook, I could export again.

How should I create a backtrace for you?

* Re: Disabling paredit in export buffers?
@ 2021-05-15 15:59 ` Timothy
From: Timothy @ 2021-05-15 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Adams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Russell,

Have you tried this since
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/ec6d1df9bc8967e1db14bbd3c90828c71a6a8e0e
? Issues like what you mention were exactly the motivation behind your
commit.

--
Timothy

@ 2021-05-15 16:52   ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2021-05-15 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 11:59:23PM +0800, Timothy wrote:
> Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:
>
> > I'm enabling paredit globally for all prog-modes, and it breaks HTML
> > export. I'm trying to find a way to disable paredit in all Org export
> > temporary buffers. Any suggestions?
>
> Have you tried this since
> https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/ec6d1df9bc8967e1db14bbd3c90828c71a6a8e0e
> ? Issues like what you mention were exactly the motivation behind your
> commit.

No, I'm not up to date. But I might patch that in.