On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 10:57:47PM +0100, Heinz Tuechler wrote: > tomas@tuxteam.de wrote/hat geschrieben on/am 01.02.2023 14:51: [...] > > This is unfortunate indeed. I'd tend to pick one and not to allow > > both, out of fear of counfusion. And if I had to pick one, I'd pick > > ISO [...] > Same for me, I usually see ISO offset. Further, I am used to exchange > time designations (CET, EST, PDT,...) instead of [continent/city] > timezone names [...] Note that they mean subtly different things: CET is "Central European Time", which has a fixed offset of one hour. Europe/Berlin rather means "whatever offset is valid at this time" (which, as we have seen, is ambiguous some of the time and faulty at the other end). You want the second if you want to schedule a regular meeting in your city at the local bar. You want the first in a log file. Cheers -- t