On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 01:26:36PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > [ adding Org ML back to CC ] > > Christian Moe writes: > > >> Note, however, that because we are conforming to POSIX TZ, @UTC+2 is two > >> hours _behind_ the Greenwich. > > > > Ouch. > > This is probably something we need to discuss further. > > Dear All, > > There is potential confusion coming from the different interpretations > of the time zone offsets used in ISO8601 and POSIX TZ specs: This is unfortunate indeed. I'd tend to pick one and not to allow both, out of fear of counfusion. And if I had to pick one, I'd pick ISO, which I've seen more often in the wild. But this might quite well be some sort of bias. Cheers -- t