On Sat, Jan 07, 2023 at 12:41:39PM +0530, Krishna Jani wrote: > > Hello, > > I have never had to write in languages other than English but an > assignment just came up to transcribe the Indian Penal Code in > simple and understandable Hindi. I have an Org file with some of my > transcriptions (because of Emacs's awesome language support) but I am > unable to org-export these files to pdf. I suppose I must install some > latex packages, but I have not been able to find any documentation for > the same. I dont really know latex, I mainly just use it for Org pdf > export. > > Has anyone had a similar experience, or has a clue to this problem. Is > there some documentation relating to languages that I can read There are some approaches described here: https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/199773/how-to-type-hindi-words-in-latex Since your input will be most probably already UTF-8 encoding, I guess the most promising avenue these days is to go with LuaLaTeX. It should work as a drop-in replacement for LaTeX "classic" and should be included in your favourite TeX distribution. I don't know off-the-bat what to do to make it work with Org (I'm sure there are folks around here who do :), I'd first export to LaTeX and fiddle with the preamble until I know what to do. Cheers -- t