On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 08:42:54AM +0100, Luca Ferrari wrote: > On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 2:26 PM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > > > Luca Ferrari writes: > > Could you please provide more details about what is happening? > > What exactly do you do to copy the link? > > See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback > > > > Imagine I've this org fragment: > > Link: [[https://foo.com]] > > where the link is displayed without brackets, in org mode. > I place the point at the beginning of the first visibile character, > hence the 'h', and the C-space M-e M-w and then go to another > application and paste the content of the clipboard. > I've seen that sometimes the link is copied as text, so both beginning > and ending brackets are there, but with long links the ending brackets > are not there, but it could be they I remove them accidentally. > I would like to copy only the visible part, but I guess there's no > solution unless I do something manually or configure a web package to > open the link into another application. Perhaps what's needed is to teach M-e (org-forward-sentence) to handle this. The challenge still is that you don't quite know whether the link "consumer" wants to have the wrapping [[...]] or not, since the consumer isn't known at "copy" time. Cheers -- t