On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 01:08:41PM +0000, abq@bitrot.link wrote: > tomas wrote: > > I already proposed > > having one canonical heading meaning "back to that level", say dash > > or dot > > > Now for that to be useful, you'd have to gather enough users who > > like the idea and use the convention. It's a communication medium, > > after all :-) > > The question isn't only how people interpret their files, but also how their > software interprets their files. The second would follow from the first, I guess. > Is anyone here aware of anyone who uses a lone dash or dot or comma heading > for some other purpose? [...] > To bikeshed the character, dash is commonly used in tree viewers to indicate > a folded heading [...] Great! I see you're already in the middle of it :-) Cheers -- t