On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 09:30:00AM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > writes: > > >> Another idea is to avoid caching of parse result for small files. > > > > I haven't been following along very closely, but seeing the > > involved complexities, I'd appreciate a knob to disable caching > > altogether. > > org-element-cache-persistent Thanks, Ihor. You made me a Christmas present *<:-)~ > > My usage of Org hasn't triggered any slowdowns which would be > > worth all that complexity (and yes, my biggest Org file so-far > > is 36k lines, and my box isn't the fastest around). > > The main reason we cannot disable org-persist is _not_ Org AST cache. > The reason is mostly caching some downloaded files. I see. That latency weighs significantly more, yes. Cheers -- t