On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 06:50:33PM -0800, David Masterson wrote: > I'm using Debian v11.5 on my Chromebook. I have used 'apt install' to > load the pre-built version of Emacs 27.1. I've just found out that it > installs a pre-built version of Org-9.3 in /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp. > That directory is early in the load-path, so it appears to be loaded out > of startup.el(?). Everything seems to be working fine in my setup of > Emacs and Org. Hm. I run a self-compiled Emacs, so I can't check at the moment; take this with a grain of salt. That said for a distro putting the distro-provided places earlier in the load-path than the local- or user-provided ones seems wrong; admins/users have no chance to override them, no? Cheers -- t