On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 05:11:32PM +0200, Renato Pontefice wrote: > When I try to open a simple file in emacs, I receive this error > > Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading ‘/Users/renatopontefice/.emacs.d/init.el’: > > Invalid read syntax: ), 1, 0 I don't understand: this error complains about 'init.el', does not happen at start, but much later, when you try to open an .org file? > To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the > cause of the error in your initialization file. Start Emacs with > the ‘--debug-init’ option to view a complete error backtrace. Disable showing Disable logging Have you tried starting Emacs with that option? What happens then? > So the prob is on my init.el file. What error it could be? We can only guess. Given our lack of information, our guesses will be almost certainly wrong :-) So give us a chance: - try starting Emacs with --debug-on-init, an possibly report results here - try bisecting the file: remove parts of it (always taking care of the syntax), see in which "half" the error occurs - post your init.el here (BE CAREFUL: please, double-check that it doesn't contain sensitive information: passwords, personal information, things your employer could consider to be trade secrets, that kind of stuff). Cheers -- t