On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 12:12:46AM +1100, Tim Cross wrote: [...] > Even if it was violated, this is not something the maintainers are > empowered to act on anyway [...] This depends perhaps on what one understands by "act on". If that means "go to court" you are, of course, right. If that means just "make aware FSF legal of a possible violation", then the question here boils just down to "do we have enough confidence to justify annoying FSF legal with this? > Also, based on my limited legal experience and past dealings with > trademarks, copyright and licenses, I don't think there has been either > a GPL license violation or a trade mark violation. However, if someone > believes differently, they should refer the matter to the FSF legal > office. Exactly. Cheers -- t