* [ANN] The 2022 Emacs User Survey is now open!
@ 2022-10-24 10:42 Timothy
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Timothy @ 2022-10-24 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

I’m thrilled to announce that the Emacs User Survey 2022 is now open to
maintainers, and the wider Emacs community develop a better understanding of
how people experience Emacs on a day-to-day basis.

<https://emacssurvey.org/>

The survey will be open from October 24th to November 30th.

This time there are /no/ non-free Javascript or user-tracking caveats as this
features a bespoke survey framework written from scratch for the Emacs User
Survey to support a pure HTML-forms + CSS approach with server-side rendering
🎉.

See the [FAQ] for more information on the survey itself.

It would be fantastic for this to be shared as far and wide as possible, to get
communities you are a part of, as well as any friends or colleagues that use
Emacs, that would be much appreciated.

We can look forward to a discussion of the (preliminary) results in EmacsConf:
<https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/survey/>.

All the best,
Timothy

--
Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor.
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/tec>.

[FAQ] <https://emacssurvey.org/faq.html>

* Re: [ANN] The 2022 Emacs User Survey is now open!
@ 2022-10-24 11:15 Payas Relekar
From: Payas Relekar @ 2022-10-24 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Great job on the survey!

Filled and submitted.

Timothy <orgmode@tec.tecosaur.net> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I’m thrilled to announce that the Emacs User Survey 2022 is now open to
> maintainers, and the wider Emacs community develop a better understanding of
> how people experience Emacs on a day-to-day basis.
>
> <https://emacssurvey.org/>
>
> The survey will be open from October 24th to November 30th.
>
> This time there are /no/ non-free Javascript or user-tracking caveats as this
> features a bespoke survey framework written from scratch for the Emacs User
> Survey to support a pure HTML-forms + CSS approach with server-side rendering
> 🎉.
>
> See the [FAQ] for more information on the survey itself.
>
> It would be fantastic for this to be shared as far and wide as possible, to get
> communities you are a part of, as well as any friends or colleagues that use
> Emacs, that would be much appreciated.
>
> We can look forward to a discussion of the (preliminary) results in EmacsConf:
> <https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/survey/>.
>
> All the best,
> Timothy

* Re: [ANN] The 2022 Emacs User Survey is now open!
@ 2022-10-24 11:32 ` Russell Adams
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Russell Adams @ 2022-10-24 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Completed!

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 06:42:35PM +0800, Timothy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I’m thrilled to announce that the Emacs User Survey 2022 is now open to
> maintainers, and the wider Emacs community develop a better understanding of
> how people experience Emacs on a day-to-day basis.
>
> <https://emacssurvey.org/>
>
> The survey will be open from October 24th to November 30th.
>
> This time there are /no/ non-free Javascript or user-tracking caveats as this
> features a bespoke survey framework written from scratch for the Emacs User
> Survey to support a pure HTML-forms + CSS approach with server-side rendering
> 🎉.
>
> See the [FAQ] for more information on the survey itself.
>
> It would be fantastic for this to be shared as far and wide as possible, to get
> communities you are a part of, as well as any friends or colleagues that use
> Emacs, that would be much appreciated.
>
> We can look forward to a discussion of the (preliminary) results in EmacsConf:
> <https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/survey/>.
>
> All the best,
> Timothy
>
> --
> Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor.
> Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
> Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
> or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/tec>.
>

> [FAQ] <https://emacssurvey.org/faq.html>

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/

* Re: [ANN] The 2022 Emacs User Survey is now open!
@ 2022-10-24 11:37 ` Jean Louis
       [not found] ` <6358d205.050a0220.d906e.8b76SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Jean Louis @ 2022-10-24 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

How were you introduced to Emacs?
Friend
Recommended by a colleague
University/College
Some part of the internet

You forgot that GNU/Linux distributions were initially distributed on
CD and DVD ROMs, people were buying it, getting from magazines "for
free" and by similar physical distribution.

IMHO, that is one major point, that shall be considered primary.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: [ANN] The 2022 Emacs User Survey is now open!
@ 2022-10-26  6:18 ` Christopher M. Miles
       [not found] ` <6358d205.050a0220.d906e.8b76SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Christopher M. Miles @ 2022-10-26  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Completed

--

[ stardiviner ]
I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without misunderstanding.

Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

@ 2022-10-26  6:23   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2022-10-26  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: numbchild; +Cc: Timothy, emacs-orgmode

done

last time i only got the preliminary results but wow it looked like
emacs was thriving.  not that we did't already know that from all the
blogs and sacha's list but still it was amazing.

On 10/25/22, Christopher M. Miles <numbchild@gmail.com> wrote:

> Completed
>
> Timothy <orgmode@tec.tecosaur.net> writes:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I’m thrilled to announce that the Emacs User Survey 2022 is now open to
>> maintainers, and the wider Emacs community develop a better understanding
>> of
>> how people experience Emacs on a day-to-day basis.
>>
>> <https://emacssurvey.org/>
>>
>> The survey will be open from October 24th to November 30th.
>>
>> This time there are /no/ non-free Javascript or user-tracking caveats as
>> this
>> features a bespoke survey framework written from scratch for the Emacs
>> User
>> Survey to support a pure HTML-forms + CSS approach with server-side
>> rendering
>> 🎉.
>>
>> See the [FAQ] for more information on the survey itself.
>>
>> It would be fantastic for this to be shared as far and wide as possible,
>> to get
>> Emacs
>> communities you are a part of, as well as any friends or colleagues that
>> use
>> Emacs, that would be much appreciated.
>>
>> We can look forward to a discussion of the (preliminary) results in
>> EmacsConf:
>> <https://emacsconf.org/2022/talks/survey/>.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Timothy
>

> --
>
> [ stardiviner ]
> I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without
> misunderstanding.
>
> Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
> IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
> GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com