On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 06:29:28PM +0200, Renato Pontefice wrote: > Bruno, > With the common you told me I reach che 972 /M-g c 972) and I found this: > > ;;;;;;Org mode configuration > Enable Org mode > (require ‘org) > > Could be this the error? > > Now I’ve erased the two ;; save init.el and restart emacs, but now I obtain: No, no: you have to put (at least one) ; in front of "Enable". Thing is: a semicolon marks a comment (so Emacs doesn't try to read it as a program), and this line "Enable Org mode" is meant as a comment. The mark is missing. The whole thing should look like this: ;;;;;;Org mode configuration ;; Enable Org mode (require ‘org) (actually it doesn't matter how many ; are in front of Enable, but two would correspond to the convention). Cheers -- tomás