* links cause table misalignment
@ 2018-04-07  7:33 Thomas P
From: Thomas P @ 2018-04-07  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

With org-mode 9.1.9, my tables sometimes become misaligned when I press TAB and the cursor is in a cell with a link.

In an org-mode buffer, enter:

| aa | aa |
| [[a][a]] | |

The lower-left cell becomes misaligned when I press TAB and the cursor is on the link "a".

I get no misalignment with org-mode 8.2.10.

emacs-version: GNU Emacs 25.3.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9) of 2017-09-12

Regards,
Thomas

* Re: links cause table misalignment
@ 2018-04-07  7:38 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-07  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas P; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Thomas P <datalogen@hotmail.com> writes:

> With org-mode 9.1.9, my tables sometimes become misaligned when I press TAB and the cursor is in a cell with a link.
>
> In an org-mode buffer, enter:
>
> | aa | aa |
> | [[a][a]] | |
>
> The lower-left cell becomes misaligned when I press TAB and the cursor
> is on the link "a".

FWIW, I cannot reproduce it. The table is correctly aligned.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: links cause table misalignment
@ 2018-04-07  8:00   ` Thomas P
From: Thomas P @ 2018-04-07  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Curious. Not even if you set your cursor on the a and press TAB again? (I sometimes have to do it twice).

This is what I did:

Downloaded https://orgmode.org/org-9.1.9.zip and unzipped to ~/tmp/org-9.1.9

Ran:
emacs -Q

In the scratch-buffer:
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/tmp/org-9.1.9/lisp")
  (require 'org)

Switched to a new buffer and did
M-x org-mode RET

Now if I enter that table (e.g. by copy-pasting from my earlier email) and align it, the table becomes misaligned for me when I press TAB when cursor is on the link "a".

I think I'm gonna try to reproduce it with org-mode versions between 8.2.10 and 9.1.9, see what happens.
________________________________

@ 2018-04-07  8:08     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-07  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas P; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thomas P <datalogen@hotmail.com> writes:

> Curious. Not even if you set your cursor on the a and press TAB again? (I sometimes have to do it twice).
>
> This is what I did:
>
> Downloaded https://orgmode.org/org-9.1.9.zip and unzipped to ~/tmp/org-9.1.9
>
> Ran:
> emacs -Q
>
> In the scratch-buffer:
>   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/tmp/org-9.1.9/lisp")
>   (require 'org)
>
> Switched to a new buffer and did
> M-x org-mode RET
>
> Now if I enter that table (e.g. by copy-pasting from my earlier email)
> and align it, the table becomes misaligned for me when I press TAB
> when cursor is on the link "a".

I did the following, from a fresh Emacs, with :

    (find-file "/tmp/bug-align.org")

    (insert "| aa | aa |
    ")

    (search-backward "a][")

    (org-table-align)

without being able to reproduce your issue.

I also tried searching backward for "][" instead, without any luck
either.

I tried in both master and maint.