Maxim Nikulin writes: > On 21/01/2021 07:58, Christopher Miles wrote: >> >> I "=git am=" your first patch, but failed to apply your second patch. Seems not >> continuous. So I modify code manually. I found I can't find the local variable >> ~shell-command~, and ~shell-command-switch~. Can your provide complete patch? So I >> can test it. > > Second patch is an alternative to the first one. I could do 'git apply > org-open-file-make-process-min.patch' to the current master with no > conflict. However you are right, it should be ~shell-file-name~, not > ~shell-command~. There is a typo in ~shell-command-switch~. Both > ~shell-file-name~ and ~shell-command-switch~ are defined in emacs > sources, they are not local variables. Indeed, I learned new stuff. 😄 > > I do not think that the first patch could be accepted in any form. > Launching a handler without shell is a serious change. However trying to > rewrite that part, I realized that original code has a problem. > > I intentionally do not add formal patch description since I suppose that > error reporting should be improved. You're right, the error handling can be improved. -- [ stardiviner ] I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express. Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/ IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3