I researched again and found - https://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/ox-overview.html - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/65574 - https://orgmode.org/manual/HTML-export.html#HTML-export - https://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support I will try to remove the CDATA in exported HTML files by using "To just turn off the default style, customize org-html-head-include-default-style variable, or use this option line in the Org file. #+OPTIONS: html-style:nil" I added the options to both index.org and remember.org, reloaded the alist, then republished. It Verked! Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email. ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ On Saturday, October 13, 2018 9:55 PM, Jud Taylor wrote: > I have some questions about how to use ox-publish to create static sites. > > I have followed steps documented at https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html. > > I have documented my steps and copied source and output at https://github.com/gptix/org-site-test > > I have tried to search for answers on the emacs-orgmode mailing list, and on the web. > > My three current issues: > > - I do not understand how css info is being injected into output html files. I did not create any css file to be referenced, but styling is being included as CDATA. > > - I do not understand what the > :auto-preamble t > in a component is for. > > - I do not understand the relation between > (require 'ox-publish) > at the beginning of the tutorial, and > (require 'org-publish) > in the portion of the tutorial describing how to actually publish. > > I'd love any help or a pointer to where I can read about these. > > Thanks. > > Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.