Dear Greg, Thanks for bringing this up -------- Original Message -------- On Jul. 7, 2021, 02:56, Greg Minshall < minshall@umich.edu> wrote: Vladimir, > I couldn't find in Org manual how tangling should work if there are > several source code blocks with the same file name for ':tangle'. The > Org manual section "15.8 Extracting Source Code" is a bit > obscure. There are these two sentences i think what Tim answered is correct. but, i believe the "desired" approach is to put all those blocks to be tangled to the same file under a headline with a property drawer containing something like: ---- :header-args+: :tangle "submsim.jl" ---- i believe this is for performance of tangling, but possibly the "multiple source blocks to same :tangle'd file" feature may disappear? cheers, Greg Once again, there is a unit test designed to check that different blocks tangling to the same file are concatenated in the right order, this without a common property drawer. Hence I believe this behavior is not accidental, but a wanted feature. I always understood that this was the expected behavior, to allow descriptions to interleave code in a literate config situation. However, if the documentation is ambiguous, or lacking, then we should probably make the docs clear, so that this question does not rise again in the future. Cheers Jacopo