* Found my problem with date-stamping
@ 2008-10-13 20:10 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2008-10-13 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use C-u C-c C-t followed by "d" when I mark my tasks as DONE so that
they move to the done state instead of waiting, which is the next state
in the progression.

Unfortunately, that prefix argument is, as far as I can tell, bound over
the entire process of marking the task as done.  This means that when we
get to org-store-log-note, we bump into the following line:

    (when (or current-prefix-arg org-note-abort)
      (setq lines nil))

Which means that org carefully composes the note with the datestamp...
and then throws it away.  Unfortunately, I don't really know what the
test for current-prefix-arg is here for, so I don't feel comfortable
just removing it.  Can anyone offer enlightenment (this might be a good
place for an explanatory comment...)?

* Re: Found my problem with date-stamping
@ 2008-10-20  6:22 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-20  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Goldman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Robert,

thank you for digging into the code and nailing this difficult bug.

I have fixed it in GIT now, please confirm that it now works correctly.

Thanks.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-21 19:42   ` Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2008-10-21 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> thank you for digging into the code and nailing this difficult bug.
>
> I have fixed it in GIT now, please confirm that it now works correctly.

OK, with version from git, turned off org-use-fast-todo-selection, went
to agenda, toggled a task to done with C-u C-c C-t d, and found the
right DONE timestamp in the corresponding orgfile.

Has been working all along with fast-todo-selection.

Looks fixed to me.

Best,
Robert

@ 2008-10-21 20:12     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-21 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Goldman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 21, 2008, at 9:42 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:

> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> thank you for digging into the code and nailing this difficult bug.
>>
>> I have fixed it in GIT now, please confirm that it now works
>> correctly.
>
> OK, with version from git, turned off org-use-fast-todo-selection,
> went
> to agenda, toggled a task to done with C-u C-c C-t d, and found the
> right DONE timestamp in the corresponding orgfile.
>
> Has been working all along with fast-todo-selection.
>
> Looks fixed to me.

Excellent, thanks.

- Carsten