* Sunrise / Sunset in Agenda View only for Current Day?
@ 2010-10-27 16:49 Raymond Zeitler
From: Raymond Zeitler @ 2010-10-27 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: 'Raymond Zeitler'

Hi

I added sunrise & day of the week to the org file that I base my agenda view
on.  But this adds the information for every day that's displayed in the
agenda.  Is it possible to get the information to show up only for the
current day?

TIA

Here's the relevant content in the org file:
#+CATEGORY: Day/Year
&%%(diary-day-of-year)
#+CATEGORY: Sunrise
&%%(diary-sunrise-sunset)

Here's an example of the "C-c a a" seven-day agenda view for October 27,
2010.  This is what I'd like to achieve if it's not too difficult.  (I
replaced the ends of long entries with "ETC." to prevent wrapping):

Week-agenda (W43-W44):
Wednesday  27 October 2010
  Sunrise:     7:09...... Sunrise (EDT), sunset 5:51pm (EDT) ETC.
               8:00...... ----------------
              10:00...... ----------------
              12:00...... ----------------
              14:00...... ----------------
              16:00...... ----------------
              18:00...... ----------------
              20:00...... ----------------
  Tasks:      Sched. 5x:  STARTED Prog1 -- document in PPT   ETC.
  Tasks:      Sched. 2x:  WAITING Revise CustomerA TUNE.CMD  ETC.
  Tasks:      Sched. 2x:  STARTED Revise CustomerB probe     ETC.
  Tasks:      Sched. 2x:  TODO Revise CustomerB traveler to  ETC.
  Day/Year:   Day 300 of 2010; 65 days remaining in the year
Thursday   28 October 2010
Friday     29 October 2010
Saturday   30 October 2010
Sunday     31 October 2010
Monday      1 November 2010 W44
Tuesday     2 November 2010

Incidentally, I've based my setup on John Wiegley's 1997 tutorial.

 http://www.newartisans.com/2007/08/using-org-mode-as-a-day-planner.html

- Ray

--
Raymond Zeitler <r.zeitler@ieee.org>