* org-article setup
@ 2010-11-16 23:46 Mario E. Munich
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mario E. Munich @ 2010-11-16 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I am trying to use the org-article class created by Tomas Dye. As you might
guess, I am having some trouble and thus the email. I am using emacs 23.1.1
on Ubuntu 10.10 and org-mode verision TAG=7.3.

I have followed the instructions on worg:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/article-class.php

up to the point in which I need to tangle the org document.

If I try to run the tangle command: M-x org-babel-tangle RET, I get the
following error: No org-bable-execute function for python!

I think that  the problem is that I do not have any setup for Babel in my
.emacs, so I went to look for the standard Babel setup in the org manual and
in worg.

- In the org Manual, I see chapter 14 devoted to Babel, but I do not see any
information on how to set it up in my .emacs (maybe it is enabled by default
since Babel is included in org, but I am not sure).

- In worg, there is a page for Babel:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/index.php and a corresponding
Introductory Tutorial. In this page, there is a section called Initial
Configuration in which there is a mention of a "five-step process", but the
corresponding list of steps only have 3 items.

I would appreciate if somebody could guide me towards a simple Babel
configuration that would help me tangle the org-article.org document.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

-Mario