From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Cc: Org-Mode List <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Faces to Names
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 09:45:48 +0200	[thread overview]

On Oct 9, 2009, at 9:10 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> some time ago, I stumbled over a picture of Eric Schulte on
> his Org-generated home page (http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/).
> And that made me realize how nice it can be to think of a face
> when reading a name.
>
> So want to start a page with people from this community here,
> where some of us are introduced with a picture and maybe a
> little text with a few links.
>
> To get started, I have made this page on Worg:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-people.html

Arrgh!

     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-people.php

of course, I always forget that Worg uses php as extension....

> There are a few people already on this list, just to get over
> the first bump.
>
> I absolutely do not want this to be the list with only the
> 5 hotshots.  If you feel yourself to be a member of this community,
> if you post here every now and then, then don't hesitate to add an
> entry to this file.
>
> So far, the text people have added turns out
> to be mostly about Org.  This is OK, of course, but my original
> intention was also that people might write something about
> themselves, what they do besides using Org.  So feel free to
> put there anything you like, links to whatever is important to you
> and you feel like showing here.  Also, the picture can be more crazy
> than what we have so far!
>
> People with write access to Worg can easily do this themselves,
> just look at the examples already in the buffer.  Most entries use
> the "person" macro which scales the picture to 300 pixels.  But if
> the quality of the picture does not allow it, use person200 or
> so instead.  The pictures are –in from off-site, to not make this
> project blow up the size of the Worg repo too much.  That also means
> that you can change that picture behind our back any time you want :-)
>
> If you don't have write access on Worg and find it too much
> trouble to get it, send me (or maybe there is a volunteer for this???)
> a link to a picture somewhere on the web, and a small piece of text
> in Org-mode syntax.
>
> I hope enough people find this not a stupid, but an
> interesting idea... :-)
>
> - Carsten

prof.dr. Carsten Dominik				dominik@uva.nl
Astronomical Institute 'Anton Pannekoek' 	 	www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik
Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam		phone 	+31-20-5257477/7491
SCIENCE PARK 904, ROOM C4-106				fax   	+31-20-5257484
1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mail: PO BOX 94249, 1090GE, Amsterdam