From: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
To: "Blanchette, Marco" <MAB@stowers.org>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: R code not producing expected results
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:23:14 -1000	[thread overview]

Aloha Marco,

Here is the code behind the Worg page:

#+begin_src R :results output org
   library(ascii)
   options(asciiType="org")
   ascii(summary(table(1:4, 1:4)))
#+end_src

This works here.

The key seems to be the header argument :results output

#+BEGIN_SRC R :results output
  library(ascii)
  options(asciiType="org")

  d <- as.data.frame(replicate(4,rnorm(100)))

  ascii(cor(d),include.rownames=T, include.colnames=T,header=T)
#+END_SRC

#+results:
#+begin_example

    Welcome to R!

|----+------+-------+-------+-------+
|    | V1   | V2    | V3    | V4    |
|----+------+-------+-------+-------+
| V1 | 1.00 | 0.09  | 0.09  | 0.13  |
| V2 | 0.09 | 1.00  | -0.00 | -0.13 |
| V3 | 0.09 | -0.00 | 1.00  | 0.18  |
| V4 | 0.13 | -0.13 | 0.18  | 1.00  |
#+end_example

With it added to your other example, it does indeed generate a nice
table.

I think you are absolutely right about org-mode's babel capabilities
helping with your R work.  I can't imagine a better environment for
working in R.

Good luck with your work.

All the best,
Tom